Saturday 23 August 2014

Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro @ Greenwood Ave, Singapore.

Haven't been back here for quite some time, then a friend of mine showed me a link they were having an oyster festival promo. I still had the craving for oysters from my melbourne trip, guess had to check it out:) This post actually spans over two trips in the same week! First was a weekend lunch, it was so good, came back with another bunch on tuesday night to enjoy the 1.50 sgd oyster promo(every tues!).


There were basically three of us for the lunch, and our mains were basically sampling all the oysters. I honestly know nuts about oysters, we left it to the friendly server to recommend, and boy did he do a great job. 8 types of oysters for each of us.



 I can't recall all the names, but I do know they were from Australia, Canada and the United States.


Ok the verdict, it all tasted good, except the huge ones which was the size of my palm. I found that one a little bit too creamy. My taste buds prefer the briny one, lovely. Although the oyster festival is over, was informed they still bring in some of the oysters which was featured. A must try is the Tsarskaya oyster.


Clam chowder soup, well portioned and creamy.


Soft shell crab salad, some greens to balance our lunch. Nicely done.


 Battered squid, another favourite dish of mine. It was a lovely lunch, very chilled out.


This is the tuesday dinner part, 1.50 sgd a pop. Oh how we went nuts, I have to say, the oyster taste fresh., No complains here.


Seafood platter to share, it was HUGE, reckon can feed 3 people nicely.


Aglio olio which I have to say, they do that good here, try order the spicy one. Fish and chips, good stuff, and if I'm not mistaken the other dish was a cod on something aha:)

This place is unpretentious, I reckon the pricing is decent, the food is excellent, and bottom line, it's fresh. Keep up the good work boys.

Greenwood Fish  Market & Bistro,
34/38 Greenwood Avenue,
Singapore.

Tel +65 6467 4950
p.s. do call to make reservation if your goin for the tues night oyster promo.

No comments:

Post a Comment