Friday 7 August 2015

JB Ah Meng @ Geylang, Singapore.

After binge drinking in the afternoon, dinner and more drinks before heading home, somebody mentioned supper in Geylang. Why not? I'm still gamed for more drinks and a bit of food. After some drunk googling, we decided to check out this place for the chao tar bee hoon and some sze char.


I'll try my best again to describe each dish, reckon this was the porky dish.


Deep fried fish skins paired with thai chilli sauce. Oh man this was good, seriously.


And the other star dish of the night, the chao tar bee hoon, or some people call it san lau mi fen. I personally haven't tried the original Johor Bahru version, but I find this one kicks ass. Maybe a trip to JB is in order.


Something dragon vegetable, seems everywhere it's a hype. Don't get me wrong, this dish works, I like it.


Some sliced fish head dish, good and tasty.


Last was the kung pao chicken, it was alright. Or maybe I was stuffed from the other dishes. I think I've found another favourite joint for supper, the food is good and I love the lorong/lane ambience. Oh I was a bit put off as they don't serve beers anymore being the alcohol ban in Geylang after certain hours etc. I miss the good old times sobering up having supper while washing down beers in the wee hours.


JB Ah Meng,
New Good Place Eating House,
2 Lorong 23 Geylang,
Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment