Sunday 23 March 2014

Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee (KL) @ Macpherson, Singapore.

Imagine to my delight, when a friend of mine mentioned to me kin kin chilli pan mee from KL opened a branch in Singapore. This one die die must try see whether can reminiscence my kl memory when i first tried it near Eon bank near Jalan Raja Laut (if my memory served me well, zzz).


They're famous for their dry pan mee.


And the star is this particular chilli concoction you have to add to your noodles, first timers please try add three scoops, no joke minimum 3! trust me on this, then you can add further to fine tune it to your tastebuds.


 The virgin chilli pan mee, and they still did it right, with the runny egg yolk, nice!


A bowl of fish ball and tofu skin to share.


And now, mix it all up nicely, and voila chilli pan mee at its best.




Ok verdict, the chilli was good as i remembered it to be. I love the texture of the pan mee, sort of al dente. But the taste of the whole package, something is missing, i'm not sure what was it, I have to go KL and check out the original shop again. I'm not sure whether it was the ambience, here with aircon/cleanliness all, kl was more old school kinda feeling. Or maybe, kl the bowl was smaller, ingredients was portioned right to pack a punch (i normally would eat 2 bowls minimum), here was a bigger bowl, 1 was sufficient, but overall it's still a decent chilli pan mee to me.

Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee (KL),
534 Macpherson Road,
Singapore.
Opening hours 11am - 845pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment