Sunday 2 March 2014

Stanley Street Stall @ Central, Hong Kong

Wanted to taste some local style HK food for dinner, and nearby to LKF for after dinner drinks. This stall is basically in an alley with typical outdoor sitting. I miss this type of old school environments. Good food, back alley, surrounded by locals buzzing and chit chatting.


Just a stall churning out all the dishes.


They have an english menu.


Some blue girl beer to line up the stomach.


Scallops with garlic, soft nooodle (i think its tang hoon). I find it absolutely excellent.


Overview of the dishes we ordered. The squid was alright, or maybe the beers killed my tastebud, aha.


Beef omelette, think was beef brisket they used. Nice, goes well with the rice, comfort food.


Another beef dish claypot style with some tendons, oohhhhh the tendons just melt in your mouth. This was my second star dish for the night.


And again i had to take a pic, i would say this was my star dish for the night. the scallop was yummy, coupled with the garlic and soft noodles. I am seriously craving for this dish again as i'm writing this. Excellent, one of the better ones i've tasted from a road side stall, or in this case, an alley!

Opposite No 82, Stanley Street,
Central, Hong Kong.

p.s. sorry i'm not sure whats the stall is called, just look out for the signage as my first pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment