Wednesday 30 July 2014

400 Gradi @ Lygon St, Melbourne, Australia

There's a few cuisines I will always try and go for in Melbourne, and Italian food is one of them. I was told by a good friend of mine to check out 400 Gradi on Lygon St, as their margherita pizza was crowned the best at the Pizza World Championship in Parma, Italy this year. Woah, a melbourne based pizzeria won the championship? I had to check this out!



Cold winter night, seated outside, under the heater, coupled with a house red, ahhhh lovely.


The margherita, not thin crust, but doughy, chewy, not like those pan pizza's. I absolutely adore the texture. Somehow it has a nice balance to it, with certain parts being crusty and some chewy. A simple pizza just tomato based and cheese, executed perfectly. Yups, no wonder it won the best pizza. Keep up the excellent work. I'll be back!

400 Gradi,
99 Lygon St,
Brunswick East,
VIC 3057,
Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment