Sunday 13 July 2014

San Telmo @ CBD, Melbourne.

I was asking a friend the other day, any good steak joints in Melbourne, and this came highly recommended. And me being me, kiasu, booked this place like 1 month in advance, and nope this place did not disappoint me. Argentinian steak house.


Ordered a few starters to share, this is ceviche, peruvian style lemon cured white fish. Lovely to start the meal. Do let the servers help to recommend some wines.



This is the Palmitos, some jamon, preserved pear and buffalo mozarella. Was good, loved how the pear blends in harmony with the jamon.


The grilled sardines was equally good. It might look it doesn't pack a punch, but trust me, one of my favourite dishes for the night.

Wagyu steak medium rare with a marbling of 7+. This was executed beautifully. 300gms of pure heaven. The marbling was a bit too rich for me, luckily we shared between the two of us.


By this time, the wine had kicked in nicely, and I forgot what dish was this, and definitely some salads below:)



Open kitchen where they do all the magic.


I really loved this place, the ambience, decor, should be a good romantic place to bring your date next time and enjoy a good steak, sipping some wines while sharing some starters.


San Telmo,
14 Meyers Pl,
Melbourne, 3000
Between Burke and Lt Collins St.

No comments:

Post a Comment