Sunday 20 July 2014

Pellegrini's @ Bourke St, CBD, Melbourne.

Came here once yonks ago, and I remembered it being an old school italian coffee joint, with home cooked italian dishes. This trip I make it a point to go check it out again, as all the old joints are slowly phasing out. I did some googling to check how the reviews were, mostly bad regarding the service and quality of food. But hey, you won't know till you try it right. The place can get really busy, so I purposely woke up early and go there for brunch at 11am (aha perks of being on holiday). I expected a food nazi, came here solo, mind my own business, ordered my coffee and lasagna, but boy was I surprised. The guy serving me was nice and chirpy, poured an excellent cup of latte.


Check that out, lovely cup of latte. One of the oldest coffee bar in Melbourne, and they still maintained the standard.

The interior is very old school, nothing changed much. Just grab a sit at the bar, have a coffee, lay back and just chill people watching.

The lasagna, nice. Portion is big as usual for melbourne standards, had some trouble finishing it. A bit pricey, but I reckon in my books it's good stuff.

From my observation there's a lot of returning regulars that dine in here. So i'm sure there's something which Pellegrini's are doing right. As for me, the old guy behind the bar looks chirpy, the staff is courteous and friendly. I'll definitely be back next trip when I'm down in melb, just for a lovely cuppa and pasta.


Pellegrini's Espresso Bar,
66 Bourke St,
Melbourne, VIC,
Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment