Wednesday 31 December 2014

D'Original Bumbu @ Geylang Serai, Singapore.

Woke up with a huge craving for asam pedas, went to my favourite spot in Geylang Serai for my fix, and damn it, the whole place was packed with people. In the end, I opted this stall for the lesser queue, and I ordered a nasi rawon instead. And to my surprise, heh it was good!


A typical nasi padang stall.


 With a variety of dishes on display.


My takeaway/tapau packet of nasi rawon. A standard packet comes with cuttlefish(spicy!), tempeh(some tofu/beans thingy), begedil(potato cutlet for carbos!, in case you didn't get enough from the rice), a dollop of sambal and beef. Sadly the original beef cut for this dish was sold out(grr the auntie in front of me got the last piece), and it was replaced with sambal pengantin, which I have no qualms about as beef spare parts is my forte:) Now this dish is called nasi rawon, it is served with a small bowl of a potent/concentrated beef broth which I'm not sure how long they have been cooking it and boy was it freaking uber delicious. Pic not shown as the pic didn't do justice. This whole concoction is seriously something, everything just mixed in nicely, and the sambal, killer! Last post for the year, Happy 2015 may it be a fabulous and a good year to you!:)


D'Original Bumbu,
#02-109, Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre,
1 Geylang Serai,
Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment