Tuesday 2 December 2014

Warung Menega @ Senggigi, Lombok, Indonesia.

Dinner time and we headed out to Warung Menega, it was a bit far from our hotel, so we had to cabbed it. I didn't expect much as I thought it'll be another tourist seafood joint, but boy was I wrong. It was a Sunday night, the place looked empty with only I reckon three tables full, and all being locals.


Order some grilled fish, sotong/squid. Absolutely fresh, and super delicious.


The grilled prawns was my star of the night, you have to order this. My only gripe was there was no cockles/kerang/clams. Arghhhh what bad luck, makes me wanna go back to Lombok just to taste how they do their clams.



Ok it's automatic when you order the seafood, it'll come with this 4 condiments, thick sweet soya sauce, a kind of chilli/satay sauce, garlic sauce, and my favourite as I took another pic below, some cut shallots with chilli and oil, good stuff. Also, it comes with steam rice and kangkung belacan.




This is one of my favourite restaurants from the trip, ambience is laid back, food is decently priced, fresh and taste good, I'll definitely be back.

Warung Menega,
Jl. Raya Senggigi No. 6,
Lombok Barat,
Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment