Sunday 7 September 2014

Nasi Kandar Ayam Merah Ipoh aka Nasi Vanggey aka Nasi Ganja @ Kedai Kopi Yong Suan, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.

First time ever I wrote a long title for a post. Honestly I've always known it as nasi vanggey or nasi ganja, didn't know the actual name was nasi kandar ayam merah Ipoh. Ask anyone in Ipoh for a nasi kandar fix, this is one of them, the other being behind the state mosque.


The queue is perpetually long, all the time sigh, but it's well worth it.


There's a lot of dishes to choose from. Seafood items tend to be expensive. I guess inflation is everywhere.


I'm more than happy just ordering the standard plate, which consists of the ayam merah(red chicken), some achar(fermented vege), telur masin(salted egg) and of course a dollop of the famous sambal. I don't know what is inside of it, but it's awesome. The chicken was executed excellent coupled with the mixed gravy on top of hot steam white rice, abundance of flavours. It really is one of my comfort foods.


Nasi Kandar Ayam Merah Ipoh aka Nasi Vanggey aka Nasi Ganja,
Kedai Kopi Yong Suan,
2, Jln Yang Kalsom,
30250 Ipoh,
Perak,
Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment