Sunday 13 July 2014

Pho Dzung @ Russell St, CBD, Melbourne.

I've never been to Vietnam(should be on my bucket list soon), but first time I tried pho was in melbourne yonks ago. Fell in love with the dish immediately. Simple koew teow(rice noodles) in awesome kick ass beef broth, with all the beef spare parts. Quick fast affordable meal, filling and taste good. Now this joint, on my second visit to melbourne, changed my perspective, the broth is good, but the killer thingy is the chilli oil. I make it a point to drop by every time I'm in town, and the place hasn't changed much over the years.



Quite an extensive menu, honestly, I doubt if I ordered anything else except the special beef combination. Maybe some spring rolls to share if there's a big group.


Can't get enough of this chilli oil, this thing packs a punch. Awesome! Surprisingly, they even sell it in a jar now, talk about the demand for this stuff.


Generous portions of taugeh (bean sprouts) and green leaves. The taugeh is super crunchy.


Check out the raw beef slices, the special beef combo comes with tendon, tripe, brisket and beef sausage with peppercorn.

Garnish with some taugeh, few teaspoons of the chilli oil, twist of lemon and slurp it down slowly. I'm actually still craving for it as I'm writing this. One word, superb.

Pho Dzung,
234 Russell St,
Melbourne, VIC,
3000 Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment