Sunday 26 July 2015

Gurney Drive Hawker Centre @ Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia.

Used to frequent here annually for our makan sessions, but last few rounds were a let down as it catered more to tourists or maybe lately, I just prefer to hunt individual dishes across island wide. This round my cousin did the ordering, and he being a regular here or should I say knows which stalls to order from, my faith is restored. I felt like a kid again sampling, enjoying and whacking all the dishes.


Look out for this stall for the asam laksa.


And this for the rojak.


This stall for sotong kangkung, century egg and snails.


Doesn't those look so appetising.


This stall for sotong bakar, sorry for bad picture, if your facing the asam laksa stall, same row on your left next to the drinks stall. Basically all the stalls are around the same vicinity/section.


From the rojak stall, we opted just small mangoes, super addictive, the raw sourish taste from the mangoes paired nicely with the rojak sauce.


Asam laksa was decent, satisfied my cravings.


Century egg, which I did not have a go, was trying to stuff other foods.


Sotong kangkung, isn't that just lovely. I'll give a tip, when my cousin did the ordering, he ordered one portion each for us, 9 plates. I thought he was mad, and mad he was, all the plates were polished nicely(okay am exaggerating, we tapaued 1 back to the hotel for the others).


Some snails from the sotong kangkung stall.



Octopus from the sotong kangkong stall, the other dish of the night I can't stop nibbling on.



Last but not least, the sotong bakar, a must order. Crispy, a bit brittle, dunk it in the sambal, uber delicious. Gurney Drive, one stop hawker centre for all your Penang food cravings, well most of it:)

Gurney Drive Hawker Centre,
172, Solok Gurney 1,
Georgetown,
10250 Penang,
Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment