Friday 24 July 2015

China House @ Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia.

Dinner tonight was at China House, I'm just following the crowd, and boy was it a pleasant experience. We managed to get a private room, there was actually 20+ of us. Pictures are a bit dark, sorry in advance and I didn't notice my fat fingers accidentally swiped the camera to square mode, zzzzz.


Cauliflower gratin, I actually adore this dish, sinful but yet healthy, I think. One of those comfort foods baked cheese uhmmm yummy.


Nacho chips with assorted topping, something to nibble before our mains. We actually had another starter dish which is not in the pic, mix platter of bread and dips. That was an excellent starter.


I totally forgot what dish this was. something crispy cheese with something something. Gee that explains a lot. If it helps, it tasted good though.


And for the mains, I opted to go for the ayam percik. They only use the thigh part of the chicken(YES), sauce was yummy. achar was refreshing and the rice was just nice.

The food is good, service was superb, and the ambience is what that made me love this joint. It's an interesting concept, basically they took over a shoplot house, and it occupies from the front all the way to the back, try imagining a shoplot and the corridors are say 200 metres? And they split it into different joints/concepts. I think I dined at BTB, they have Kopi-c, Library, 14 chairs, Vine & single, Courtyard and the back is Canteen. More info can be found at their website www.chinahouse.com.my


China House,
153 Lebuh Pantai,
Georgetown,
10300 Penang,
Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment