Wednesday 9 September 2015

Hotpot Grill @ To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong.

This place has been on my radar for a few years and finally I'm here, another of my bucket list has been struck off yay! I seriously don't know what's the restaurant called, but google it and you should be able to find it. Bear in mind, the restaurant decor ambience is as rustic and old school as it gets.


You gotta walk through a dark small lit lane, and the shop is at the end of it.


Two charcoal burners which one was for the hotpot, and the other to grill. Most of the seafood was fresh and alive from the aquarium.



The local dips/sauce was actually very good as it opens up the appetite when you dip in your meats and seafood.

The abalones and prawns was still wriggling on the serving platter. Nice!


Some soya sauce mid chicken wings, and I think was ox tongue. The tongue was superb.


The hotpot, the broth was subtle, but add in some of the sambal/dips yummy. I was actually enjoying myself grilling on the other charcoal burner.


The prawns was sublime, good stuff. The thing was actually moving while grilling.


Scallops galore.


Some bamboo clams and big clams.


Beef strips for the hotpot, another one I keep on munching throughout the night.





Now my personal favourite for the night would definitely be the big clams, it is damn shiok. Overall, the food is good. The ambience is a bonus factor, not for the faint hearted. Also it's another adventure trying to locate this place after the taxi dropped us at the right spot, and we wandered off elsewhere looking for the restaurant lol.


Restaurant details are
G/F, 86 Lok Shan Road, To Kwa Wan 
土瓜灣落山道86號地下巷內
Hong Kong.

Taken from openrice link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment