Saturday 3 May 2014

Nobuya @ Fortune Centre, Singapore.

I follow a few food blogs, and recently one really caught my attention. I never been to Japan, but i somehow love the concept of small japanese eatery(good food) and loads of sake. I had to check this out. So there was four of us in the party, yeah can order loads.


A mate of mine suggested snails, i was like heck yeah why not escargots. When the thing arrived, i was like ooops, u meant this snails? had to eat it right, a bit gross but i just imagined it to be small sea snails. texture was the same except in a bigger portion.


Two types of squid, one in soya sauce, and the other not sure what marination, both was superb, but my preference i love the soya sauce style.


3 types of sashimi, and today the star was the pink sword fish. Excellent, taste like a steak to me, very very nice indeed.


And the sakes in between.


Some vege dish not bad.

Pumpkin, this is actually nice as well. I don't normally eat pumpkin.


I loved this, goes excellent with the sake, it's a seeweed dish with a bit of tofu skins. Nice!


The beef sashimi was excellent, i loved it, two of my friends find it so so.


Somehow this tempura was good, as i don't normally eat tempura. The batter was just crispy and not empowering.


3 bottles so far.


Forgot was fish dish was this, i can slightly recall it was good.



I'm a fan of fish, but not sure whether it was the sake, or this grilled fish was so so.


Now, i really wanna know what dish was this my friend ordered, some beef tendon thingy soup. This was freaking good to end the meal. Very comforting to end the palate.

This place is good, it has its few hit and misses on the dishes. Sake choices i can't complain. Small and cosy, it's good to have a good meal over sakes with good friends. But i can't shake the feeling the place is a bit uptight on the timing, like rushing over my meal or something. Or maybe it's because i was seated at the bar, and a few were turned away as they did not have any reservations. Please call in advance for reservations.

Nobuya,
#01-05, Fortune Centre,
Singapore.
Tel 6338 3450



No comments:

Post a Comment