Sunday 18 May 2014

Xiu Ji Ikan Bilis Yong Tau Fu @ Chinatown, Singapore.

Another favourite haunts for my breakfast, if I can be here before 730am, if not be prepared to queue. Trust me on this, I got here at 650am, took me roughly 15 minutes before I got served. But if you persevere, you'll be rewarded, as this stall serves one of the wicked ytf around, freaking good.


Stall busying churning out yong tau fu, freshly made everyday. This is as fresh as it can get.


For 3sgd, you can get a bowl of noodles with 6 pieces of ytf. I normally prefer my noodles dry, and in this case bee hoon, you can opt for other noodles.The ikan bilis(anchovies) add a nice flavour to the bowl, different, but excellent. And yes, I like it spicy, hence the extra chilli on top.


Lovely ytf in soup, good stuff.


Today, was being extra greedy, ordered 2 fish cakes on the side which cost 80 cents each. The chilli here is extra spicy compared to normal standards, to die for. I don't know what they put in it, but absolutely addictive, I was actually sweating on a cold morning having this.

Xiu Ji Ikan Bilis Yong Tau Fu,
335 Smith St Hawker Centre,
#02-88,
Singapore.

Opening hours 6am-3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment