Saturday 10 January 2015

Rajah's Curry @ Corner of Still Road and Joo Chiat Place, Singapore

On a curry craving again, so when my friend suggested this place for lunch, I was like YES. Its been on my list for quite some time.




Both of us was kinda lazy to go through a fish head and opted for a fillet instead. The curry was good, felt like home cooked, it lacked a certain oomph, then my friend reminded me, that's because they never add MSG to it. How my taste buds has been destroyed with years of MSG, zzzzz. Anyway back to the curry, with no MSG, this is indeed a decent fiery curry. Been quite some time since I sweated eating a good curry.


Black sotong, I personally like it. Not many places can do a good black ink sotong, but this place nails it, and did I mention it was spicy as well.


Some cabbages to balance up the diet. Goes well with the curry on white rice.


Chicken masala, oily, spicy, flavoursome, succulent tender pieces. I'm not sure which was which, but I reckon this was the spiciest of the lot. The proprietor was friendly, good old fashioned home cooked food. I have found a personal favourite  fish curry in the East, and for this I will be back next round for the fish head!

Rajah's Curry,
263  Joo Chiat Place,
Corner of Still Road and Joo Chiat Place,
Singapore.

Open Tues to Sun from 1130am to 845pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment