Monday 4 May 2015

SAMA @ Central, Hong Kong.

I was actually on Gough Street queuing for something else, but due to unforeseen circumstances we were forced to go elsewhere for lunch. Bummer, bad hangover, plus queuing for 40 mins under the hot sun I was dying for a seat somewhere in the air con. Luckily my friends decisive action suggested this place instead after looking at my pathetic face(although the queue was another 15 mins zzzz).


A Japanese curry joint with Sapporo origins. I kinda like Jap curry, it's one of those comfort food, and this one was a totally refreshing take on me.



The menu explains the ordering process. Choose a level of spiciness, I opted for 20 and chicken curry with tomato based.

Comes with an egg and array of vegetables. Standard comes with rice. Add extra if you prefer ramen. Heard rice was free refill.


The chicken meat just fall off from the bone, tender and delicious. The vegetables added a nice colour to the dish, now lets talk about the curry. Being tomato based, the curry was lumpy, love the texture, and level 20? mannnnnn I was doing well the first few scoops, super addictive, I was actually scooping it like a soup, until 10 mins later, everything kicked in and sweat was running down my cheeks. But that didn't stop me from devouring the dish, gorgeous. I stole a bit of my friends hamburg burger curry and it tasted better than the chicken, guess I'm a bit bias when it comes to beef. I guess it was a silver lining in the cloud when we went here instead for lunch, it totally cured of my hangover:)

SAMA,
51A Gough Street,
Central, Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment