Thursday 5 June 2014

Asam Pedas @ Kedai Makan Jadi Baru Botak, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.

My my my, asam pedas (sweet sour spicy fish) I only came to enjoyed it when I first started in the workforce. I'm glad I had good old ex colleagues that make me an addict to this dish. Was in Johor Bahru for an overnighter and this restaurant came up tops on the food blogs. And boy were they correct.



I was very happy this round as there was a big bunch of us, more food to order and sample. We ordered ikan merah(not sure what's the english name for the fish) asam pedas two claypots one spicy and one normal.


An otak-otak,  I find it so so. Worth to fix your otak2 cravings though.


Yups, the star of the lunch, asam pedas, I can literally slurp the gravy, it's so good!


Egg omelette, it goes well with the rice and asam pedas.


 Now this is the sotong dish, which I forgot which styled they cooked, But this sotong dish was one of the favourites with my family.


And this fried fish, I think it was a fried senangin fish. Fresh and tasted good on its own. Highly recommended.


Taugeh (bean sprouts) with salted fish. Simple and healthy for my vege daily dosage intake.


Another greens just to make my lunch balanced. Not bad heh.


And as you can see from the pic above, now you know why I need some greens in my diet. I can, sorry rather eat a simple meal of rice, asam pedas fillet fish with gravy, egg omelette and dark soya sauce. It's just one of those simple comfort food. Absolutely lovely, and I can't wait to visit this restaurant again.

Kedai Makan Jadi Baru Botak,
No 145, Jalan Lumba Kuda,
80300 Johor Bahru, Johor,
Malaysia.

Tel +607 2249225
Closed Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment