Saturday 23 August 2014

The Flying Squirrel @ Amoy St, Singapore.

Tucked in an alley, small restaurant with few seats at the bar, and maybe 10 tables. I like this joint already, very cosy.



An Asahi pint to lighten up the palate while waiting for my friend to arrive.


Ordered uni shots to start the ball rolling, sake was ok, but the uni was marvelous.


 Truffled ebi fry for appetisers, it is good. Beautifully fried with a nicely done crusts.


And we ordered the TFS chirashi for mains. Nicely portioned, and the anago was delicious. This days, I'm spoiled for choices, hence I rather order a chirashi and get a taste of everything.


For desserts, actually we were a bit plastered by the sake, and couldn't get enough of the uni, wanted something light, my friend suggested we try the negi toro tataki (mince tuna belly topped with uni). For 10 sgd a pop, boy was it delicious. A spoonful packed of flavours.

A nice joint I would come back to after a hard days work to unwind, some happy hours and a quick bite.

The Flying Squirrel,
92 Amoy St,
#01-02 Singapore.
069911.

Tel +65 6226 2203

No comments:

Post a Comment